Friday, February 13, 2009

I'm Respectfully Reject the Postition of Commerce Secretary

Dear President Obama,

I understand that you are have trouble filling the position of Secretary of Commerce. I'm sorry, but I can't accept either. Unlike Governor Richardson, I have never traded government contracts for campaign contributions, but like Senator Gregg, I tend to think that our beliefs about the Federal Government's role in Commerce are irreconcilably different. Thank you for your consideration.* I am truly honored.

Good luck finding someone honorable that agrees with your ideology on Commerce. It may be difficult.

Sincerely,

Wesley

* - President Obama hasn't notified me about consideration for any Cabinet position. At the rate he is going through candidates, I assume my name is coming up soon.

No comments: